Thursday, September 30, 2010

Group Love

One of the hardest things I always found about school was trying to do group projects. It's not that I don't like working with others (totally untrue, this is a lie I tell myself because I'm supposed to enjoy it), but coordinating schedules for nine people who work full-time is frustrating and a little impossible. Regardless, we managed to get six of us to the library last night to finish what sounded like an easy, 20 minute project.

It was certainly easy. It did not take 20 minutes.

The name of this class is Organizational Behavior. The structure of this class is the exact opposite of organized. It's completely ambiguous, with no direction or concrete assignments. We literally spent an hour trying to figure out what exactly the assignment was, since the directions online, in the book and on the syllabus all contradicted each other. Do you think the professor responds to emails in a timely fashion? If you guessed no, then you're CORRECT!

One of my favorite cliches is "Misery Loves Company". I'm not miserable in this class, but I'm utterly annoyed. I was thrilled to learn last night that everyone else is also annoyed, so I feel happy to report that this is a case of "Utterly Annoyed Loves Company".

No comments:

Post a Comment